List of ACE Inhibitors:
Trade & Generic Names
This article starts below.
List of ACE Inhibitors: Trade & Generic Names
The following is a list of trade names and generic names of ACE inhibitors. These drugs with their respective generic drug names are available locally and are used for high blood pressure (hypertension).
The list is sorted according to the cost per day of using the particular ACE inhibitor. The parts of the table are as follows:
- Centile rank refers to the rank (between 0-100) of the drug in terms of cost per day in relation to the available drugs for hypertension. The lower the number, the lower the cost per day.
- Brand name refers to the trade name of the drug.
- Generic name refers to the name of the active ingredient. Medicines with the same generic names have similar pharmacologic effects.
- Stock dose refers to the amount of the drug per tablet.
- Initial freq refers to the number of times the drug is taken each day, when it is initially prescribed.
- Unit Price refers to the manufacturer's price per tablet.
- Cost per day refers to the total cost of taking the drug daily, considering the dose and initial frequency.
How can I make use of this data?
The data may be used by physicians to compare the cost of different ACE inhibitors. The tabular format provides physicians a quick survey of the comparative prices and cost-per-day of using a particular drug.
The data may be used by patients to search for more affordable ACE inhibitors with the same action and bioavailability as their current prescription drug.
|Centile Rank||Brand Name||Generic Name||Stock Dose (mg)||Initial Freq.||Unit Price||Cost per day|
Compiled by healthypinoy.com staff from MIMS 2016 Edition.
Last updated June 24, 2016.